2019 Engaged Campus Awards Include Categories for Employers, Alumni
Iowa Campus Compact today announced plans for the 2019 Engaged Campus Awards. This will be the seventh year of this awards event, which recognizes students, staff, faculty, alumni and community organizations for their work in community engagement. Since the launch of the awards in 2013 they have grown considerably with more than 175 total nominations and 34 awards.
New Award for “Civic-Minded Employers”
This year a new award category recognizes work in connecting community engagement and career and workforce preparation. In the past few years, we have developed messages and resources on the goal of educating students for their work as “civic-minded professionals.” Last year, the awards recognized these efforts with a category for member campus alumni making an impact in their communities.
Volunteer and philanthropic programs are now considered critical to employee engagement and most of the next generation of students are interested in serving their communities and looking for employers who will give them opportunities to engage. Recognizing this growth, we are seeking to recognize businesses in Iowa demonstrating commitment to corporate social responsibility and employee engagement in community.
Other Nomination Categories
- Civic Mission Leadership: a faculty or staff member who has demonstrated leadership for higher education civic engagement and has worked to give voice to the civic mission of higher education.
- Community Leadership: an alum of a member institution making strong contributions to their community and demonstrating the values of the civic mission of higher education.
- Emerging Leadership: a new person in the field who is making unique and innovative contributions that demonstrate strong future potential.
- Student Leadership: a student leader with demonstrated accomplishments in engaging students in meaningful service and civic engagement.
- National Service Member of the Year: individual full-time, part-time, and summer AmeriCorps and VISTA members (in IACC programs) who have made significant contributions to building a community partner or campus
- Emerging Innovation: a recent project, program, or initiative making unique and innovative contributions that demonstrate strong future potential, including student-led projects.
- Community Partnership: a campus-community partnership or collaboration that is deep, reciprocal, and transformational.
Nominees must be affiliated with an Iowa Campus Compact member institution as an employee, volunteer, student, alum, or community partner.