- This event has passed.
Iowa Network Gathering: Community Partnerships
September 16 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Join colleagues from Iowa and community organization staff from the Volunteer Managers of Central Iowa for a discussion on community-campus partnerships during COVID. We’ll hear from community organization staff about their challenges and volunteer needs, connect, reflect, and brainstorm new ideas for our work together. The event will include Central Iowa partners, but higher education representatives from other parts of the state are welcome to join.
- Learn about nonprofit needs right now
- Learn about campus policies and options right now
- Make new connections
- Discuss ways of setting up future connections
Resources to Review:
- Community Partner Study: https://iacampuscompact.org/resource-posts/higher-education-and-community-organization-partnerships-in-iowa-are-prolific-vital/
- Social Change Wheel: https://iacampuscompact.org/resource-posts/social-change-wheel-2-0-toolkit/
- Give Get Model: http://jces.ua.edu/establishing-and-evaluating-equitable-partnerships/
Introductions and resources
Small group breakout discussions:
- What are your best campus-community partnership examples?
- What makes them great?
- What do you have to give partnerships right now?
- What do you want to get right now?
- How is that different now from usual times?
Large group share out and group discussion:
- What are the themes?
- How can we keep partnerships going and support each other?