Iowa & Minnesota Campus Compact is excited to announce our new Civic Leaders AmeriCorps Program, which will focus on retention of college students who identify as first-generation, low-income, and/or students of color. AmeriCorps members will serve as mentors for college students, providing them much-needed support for academic and personal success. Additionally, the CLAP program will guide AmeriCorps members and mentees through a Civic Competencies training to help them improve their understanding of civic engagement, civic agency, and work towards social cohesion.
The program will be an AmeriCorps State grant and is projected to launch in August 2022.
Interested in the program?
- Attend an information session (click link below to join):
Applications will be due Monday, April 4, 2022.
- Join us for the technical assistance call on Thursday, February 24 at 3:30 pm.
- Register in advance for this meeting here.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Links for the application & instructions will be shared later.