Iowa Campus Compact staff has expertise in community engagement, student development, course development, strategic planning and facilitation that can help move your work forward on campus. As a part of member, campuses can take advantage of the opportunity for this support at no cost for most requests. Non-members and other organizations can also request support.
A few examples of what we can do:
- Present on-campus workshops for faculty on different approaches to community-engaged learning and research, publishing opportunities, and advanced engagement work reaching across disciplines, units, or terms;
- Facilitate strategic planning with campus leaders eager to integrate and deepen engaged teaching, research, and co-curricular programs;
- Introduce a variety of stakeholders (community members, students, staff, faculty) to asset-based approaches to collaborative public work;
- Lead training for students and national service members on a variety of topics related to skills and vocation;
- Speak at conferences about the case for civic engagement and effective strategies;
- Serve on search committees for key civic engagement positions; and
- Participate in conversations about institutionalization efforts.
Short-term Consulting (for Members and Affiliates)
Any member campus is welcome to contact us for short-term advice and consulting as a benefit of membership/affiliation.
Our team is also available to provide more substantial consulting, such as facilitating dialogues or conducting workshops specifically tailored to your needs or conducting an external program review. Members are eligible for one free service per year.
Standard cost per staff trainer/facilitator:
- $250 half day/ $500 full day for members
- $500 half day/ $1000 full day for non-members
For more information and scheduling contact Emily Shields.