New Communities of Practice Opportunity for 2017-2018
For the 2017-2018 academic year, Iowa Campus Compact is partnering with Minnesota and Wisconsin to offer a new opportunity for faculty and staff from member campuses. Six issue-focused Communities of Practice (CoPs) will offer the chance for deep and ongoing learning and networking across the region.
The following six regional Communities of Practice are being offered in 2017-18:
1) Equity and Empowerment Lens
2) Promoting Understanding through Listening and Storytelling
3) Developing as Community Engagement Professionals
4) Strengthening Our Personal and Institutional Capacity for Reflective Practice
5) The Scholarship of Engagement Viewed from Community and Academic Lenses: Mirror Image or Distinctive Reflections?
6) Implementing Your Civic Action Plan
CoPs will launch with an in-person gathering on October 13, 2017 in a Minneapolis/St. Paul location TBD, and then meet four times via video conference call. Each CoP is co-facilitated by leaders from our network, and there is no charge to participate.
We are currently accepting applications to participate, due by September 8, 2017. Learn more here.