The fifth annual Engaged Campus Awards will continue to build on past successes. Last year we received more than 50 nominations from across the state. Read about last year’s honorees.
The 2018 awards event will be held May 9th at Coe College in Cedar Rapids. Learn more.
Individuals can be nominated for any of these Engaged Campus Award categories:
- Civic Mission Leadership: a faculty or staff member who has demonstrated leadership for higher education civic engagement and has worked to give voice to the civic mission of higher education.
- Student Leadership: a student leader with demonstrated accomplishments in engaging students in meaningful service and civic engagement.
- Community Leadership: an alumnus of a member institution making strong contributions to their community and demonstrating the values of the civic mission of higher education.
- Emerging Leadership: a new person in the field who is making unique and innovative contributions that demonstrate strong future potential.
Groups and/or projects can be nominated for any of these Engaged Campus Award categories:
- Community Partnership: a campus-community partnership or collaboration that is deep, reciprocal, and transformational.
- Emerging Innovation: a recent project, program, or initiative making unique and innovative contributions that demonstrate strong future potential.
Two other categories offer additional nomination opportunities:
- Network Choice Award: student organizations or student-led projects can be nominated in late April, allowing our network to select a winner via online voting.
- National Service Member of the Year: individual AmeriCorps and VISTA members (in IACC programs) who have made significant contributions to building a community partner or campus department’s capacity.