The fourth annual Engaged Campus Awards will build on the success of past award events with a few changes to the categories and processes. These changes were made to encourage an even broader range of honorees, streamline the nomination process, and garner more recognition for the community engagement work happening across the state. Read about last year’s honorees.
Individuals can be nominated for any of these Engaged Campus Award categories:
- Civic Mission Leadership: a faculty or staff member who has demonstrated leadership for higher education civic engagement and has worked to give voice to the civic mission of higher education.
- Student Leadership: a student leader with demonstrated accomplishments in engaging students in meaningful service and civic engagement.
- Community Leadership: an alumnus of a member institution making strong contributions to their community and demonstrating the values of the civic mission of higher education.
- Emerging Leadership: a new person in the field who is making unique and innovative contributions that demonstrate strong future potential.
Groups and/or projects can be nominated for any of these Engaged Campus Award categories:
- Community Partnership: a campus-community partnership or collaboration that is deep, reciprocal, and transformational.
- Emerging Innovation: a recent project, program, or initiative making unique and innovative contributions that demonstrate strong future potential.
Two other categories offer additional nomination opportunities:
- Network Choice Award: student organizations or student-led projects can be nominated in late April, allowing our network to select a winner via online voting.
- National Service Member of the Year: individual AmeriCorps and VISTA members (in IACC programs) who have made significant contributions to building a community partner or campus department’s capacity.
Nomination applications for these categories will be evaluated by outside reviewers. All eligible nominations will receive recognition. Awards will not necessarily be given each year in each category.
The nomination process is closed for all categories except Network Choice. You can still submit student organizations or student-led projects for this by midnight on April 14th!
Awards will be presented at the Annual Engaged Campus Awards and Summit on May 3, 2017.